75-летию обороны города Тула осенью 1941 посвящается.
This year the people of our city celebrate a great event in the history of Tula. We mark the 75th anniversary of the defence of Tula in autumn 1941. The defence of Tula was of great political importance, as the tank army of Gudarian was defeated near Tula and the fascist army stopped its way to Moscow. The plan of fascists to occupy Tula failed. The people of Tula defended our town heroically (as heroes), many of them were killed or wounded, they did the best to defeat the enemy and to save our town from fascists. Let me introduce some historical facts:
In October the 22nd 1941 the committee of the defence was formed headed by Zhavoronkov.
In October 26th Tula, Workers Regiment was formed, the commander was Gorshkov, the first commissar was Ageev G.A., after his heroic death the commissar was Bogomolov. The book the “Heart of the commissar” written by Lavrik tells the readers about Tula Workers Regiment. The members of the Regiment were workers, students, school-leavers, women, Children also fought against fascists in partisan groups. People guarded Tula day and night (охраняли). Men, women, youngest girl worked at the plants and factories, they repaired military equipment. People dig trenches, built barricades, arranged antitank constructions. At the end of November 75 fascist tanks were destroyed and fascist army of Gudarian stopped its attack to Moscow.
I want to pay your attention to the heroic deeds of Tula armoured train №13. The train had thick armour and had good military equipment. The train attacked fascists suddenly, destroyed their units and left the place. At the Moskovsky Railway Station in Tula we can see the legendary armour train №13, now it is a museum, the guide tells us many interesting facts about the train and its role in the heroic defence of Tula.
- Tula Workers Regiment joined the Soviet army and stopped its way in Keninsberg (Kaliningrad)
- We honour the memory of people who gave their lives for our happiness after the war. We say thank you to our country men (земляки) for their heroism (heroic deeds) in the defence of Tula. Many streets are named after the heroes of Tula defence: Ageev Street, Zhavoronkov Street, Boldin Street, Chekalin Street, Lisa Chaikine Street and so on.
- 27 men of Tula became the heroes of the Soviet Union.
- Tula was awarded the order of Lenin in December, 1961
- In December the 7th, 1976 Tula got the title “The Hero-City” for the heroism of people in the war.
Tula is rich in monuments, obelisks and stellas in different corners of our region, devoted to heroism of Russian people in the Great Patriotic War:
1. The Eternal Flame in Victory square
2. The monument in the Central Park named after Belousov
3. The monument to the people of Proletarsky district in Lozhevaya street
4. There are monuments in Lenin Prospect, Oboronnaya Street, Novomoskovskay street, Chmutov Street house 153, Novokaluzhskoe road, in Kitaevka village, in Mendleevsky settlement
Our school has the museum of military glory
It was organized in 1985. Lessons of courage, days of memory, meetings with veterans take place there. On the stands we can see many materials, documents, maps, photos, devoted to the heroic defence of Tula in 1941.
Pupils of our school went hiking to Kaluga region, Gomel region, Bryansk region, they visited the places of battles of Tula Workers Regiment in Uhnov district. These hikes were organized by the teacher of history Suhiy Lubov Vladimirovna.
In the middle of the hall we can see a lot of things found by the pupils during the excavation. They are interesting for us, we take care of these exhibits. All guests of our school, Russian and foreign delegations visit our school museum of military Glory. The school museum is our pride (гордость)
On stands we can see photos of school-leavers, who took part in the war in Afganistan and Chechnya such as Gusarov Dmitriy, Drozdov, Mironov Andrei and many others. We can see the memorial plague to Gusarov Dmitriy on the school wall who perished tragically in Chechnya.